Xiaoma Cidian Forum - 小马词典论坛
October 18, 2017, 06:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Xiaoma Cidian 小马词典 just moved officially!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oyster (hao2) tradtional (variant) wrong?  (Read 4787 times)
LiYueHan
« on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:21 PM »

I'm translating a menu at the moment, and I think that xiaoma's variant (traditional) version of hao2 (oyster) may be wrong.

The menu I'm looking at as well as Wieger use:

But xiaoma is using for its traditional version:

which Wieger and MDBG list as: ci4 "hairy poisonous caterpillar." (Yuck)

Does xiao ma's version need to be updated?
xiaomadmin
Admin
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »

Xiaoma Cidian lists as a variant, but not as the traditional variant. In fact, Xiaoma Cidian does not indicate the kind of variant it displays. If you click at the link "U+869D" on top, which leads to the Unihan database repository, you will see that is listed as a semantic variant of -- not a traditional variant. Since the information of the variants at Xiaoma Cidian comes directly from Unihan, you can see at Xiaoma too.

Note that 袖珍汉语词典 (Xiuzhen hanyu cidian) indicates at a possible variant for , but this is missing in Unihan.

The indication of the kind of variant (semantic, traditional form, Z...) would be a nice addition to Xiaoma Cidian. And, as you mention, I will also add as a variant for .

Xiaoma admin
LiYueHan
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »

Thanks for the great info! I agree that distinguishing between semantic and traditional variants would be a great addition. Love your site! Have been using it for years. Thanks for your hard work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: